Nothing beats a genuine campfire S’More…but this is a close second. And the only real clean up is getting the stickies off your kids.
The only downside to making S’Mores in your toaster oven is once your kids know you can make them, they might want them all the time.
- 1-1/2 sleeves of graham crackers
- 3 chocolate bars
- 12 large marshmallows (not the super jumbo ones)
- a toaster oven (ours is a “6 slice” one although it is impossible to fit more than 4 slices of bread into it)
- a toaster oven tray
Preheat your toaster oven on “broil.”
1. Take each of the graham crackers and break it in half so you have 24 squares.
2. Place 12 of the graham cracker squares onto your toaster oven tray (if they fit, you can do 2 batches or make fewer). 12 fit perfectly on our tray.
3. Put one marshmallow on each graham square (stand it up on a flat end).
4. Place the tray into the toaster oven (with the rack at the lowest setting). Broil for a couple of minutes (keep an eye on them). You’ll want to take them out when they are golden on top and they will “look” gooey, like this:
5. While waiting for the marshmallows to broil, break each chocolate bar into 4 rectangles.
6. Take your marshmallows and grahams out of the oven. Squish 1 chocolate rectangle onto each.
7. Top with another graham cracker square.
Of course, you could just wait until the kids go to bed and make one for yourself. I won’t tell.
You might also like: