Whether you use some of the included papers and embellishments,
drop your own photos into a Quick Page from the My Memories Store,
or start from scratch with jpegs or pngs stored on your hard drive,
creating with My Memories Suite is super easy, yet sophisticated enough even for the advanced scrapper.
Even my 8-year-old can use it. She created these bookmarks for her Daddy for Christmas (we just cut them out and laminated them).
And she’s playing around with making family pages.
I especially like the “what on earth are you doing Emma?” ;0)
We even designed some custom stationery together.
I’ve enjoyed playing around with the newest release of My Memories Suite v3, this program just gets better and better.
What I love:
- Create custom page sizes in v3! No more creating a huge page and then cutting it down in another graphics program to make a blog header or button! Minimum size is 200 x 200 pixels. My current header and button were created using My Memories Suite v3.
- Use any jpegs or pngs with this program. To find them easily, just paste your files into the embellishment and paper files in My Memories Suite’s program files. You can create your own folders within those main folders so you can find them and open them within the program.
- Create interactive albums, burn them to cd-rom or dvd and share them with your loved ones. You can add hotspots with video, sound files, and even hyperlinks.
- Export and share as a jpeg, png, interactive movie, ipod ready file, DVD ready file, or even create a calendar.
- Add shadows to add dimension.
- Use the color picker to custom match your photo mats and text.
- Use the Word Art feature to create eye-catching text.
- Buy kits from the My Memories Store and install them right into the software for easy access.
I’m having visions of creating a yearly journal for our homeschool, say a page for each week of the year, complete with photos, captions, video, and sound-bytes…wouldn’t that be a great way to relive the year?
There are a few things that could be improved (is there any software program that couldn’t be improved?):
- I would love to be able to set my own defaults for certain settings, like the page zoom (I like mine set to view the whole page at once, I just zoom occasionally to look more closely at elements), and the guides. Currently, whenever I open the program or any album saved in the program, it’s set automatically to 100% zoom with margin guides on. It takes only a few key strokes to get it how I want it, but I would love the convenience of setting my own preferences.
- It can be a little tricky to find just the embelly or paper I’m looking for. It’s not like I can lay it all out on a table and pick and choose like I can with real papers and supplies. Not sure how this could be solved…perhaps a search feature of some kind?
- Even smaller page sizes would be great, for when you want to create a blog button or a signature graphic.
- When adding elements to a smaller page (say a blog header), the elements come in at their full size, larger than the page many times. It can be a little tricky to size them down without “losing” them (I’ve right-clicked and changed the element’s size, only to have it totally disappear off the edge of the page to no where land). Having the program automatically resize the elements to fit within the bounds the page would solve this.
My Memories Suite is incredibly versatile and a pleasure to use. But don’t take my word for it, download the trial version of My Memories Suite and try it for yourself (scroll down until you see “try it free” on the right).
Available for both Windows (XP, Vista, Windows 7) or Mac. You can see the full system requirements for My Memories Suite v3 here.
And you can get $10 off when you purchase My Memories Suite v3 with my affiliate code: STMMMS52587
But one of you is going to win your very own copy of My Memories Suite (download)! To enter, simply use the handy dandy Rafflecopter widget.a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received this product for free for review purposes. All opinions expressed here are my own and you know I always tell you the real deal. This post contains an affiliate code that entitles the user to a discount and me to a commission. This is the only company I’m currently an affiliate for, and that’s because I really do love this product.