My report after the second week of the Fitness Kick-Off Team!
Sometimes what you need is a kick in the pants and a change of attitude.
My physical limitations have continued this week, but I’ve been better about pushing myself to get active. And you know what? It really hasn’t been bad. Last week, walking was a challenge. I just couldn’t do it.
This week, I decided I was going to get moving, period. Instead of making things worse (has in the past), the activity actually helped give me some relief this time.
So here’s a summary of what I did this week:
- Didn’t get outside very much, unfortunately, due to sick kiddos, but Sunday I had a brisk walk to and from Church.
- Did 20-30 minute workouts with the Wii Fit Plus 3 times this week.
- Drank 5-7 glasses of water each day.
- Drank no more than 2 cups of regular tea or coffee each day (my old habit was about 3-4 strong cups of tea a day, sometimes a cup of coffee as well).
- I do sometimes have a cup of decaf in the afternoon or with dinner
- Computer: oh, this was a big BIG fail. Don’t ever brainstorm a big month long blog event when you’re trying to cut down on your computer time. Seriously. But the planning stages are DONE, so I am planning to cut way back next week.
What did I learn?
That my attitude makes a big difference.
Drinking enough water when I’m out and about is a challenge…and I need to solve it.
And that while my weight is in a good range and I’m a little svelter than Christmases past (I can fit perfectly into an 8 year old dress that I’ll be wearing to a Christmas party this evening…with no gap-o-sis!), I am SO out of shape! My calves are not at all happy with me. And getting out of bed this morning made me feel like a crochet-y old woman. My muscles need a little rest, so this evening will be for dancing only. ;0)
Please visit the other Fitness Kick-Start Team members and cheer them on! (I’ll add links as they go live.)
Mrs. White - The Legacy of Home - http://thelegacyofhome.blogspot.com/2011/12/fitness-team-and-60-day-slim-down-dvd.html (60 Day Slim Down system - Giveaway)
Kathy @ Teaching Good Things - http://teachinggoodthings.com/blog/fitness-team-week-2-juice-video/
Angie at Petra School - http://pebblekeeper.wordpress.com/2011/12/16/intentional-fitness-wk-2/
Briana @ I Can't Decide - http://briana-icantdecide.blogspot.com/2011/12/how-can-i-lose-3-and-gain-2-pounds.html
Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads - http://marinecorpsnomads.com/2011/12/kick-start-fitness-week-2.html (Silk Milk Giveaway - 5 winners)
Dawn @ Guiding Light http://guidinglighths.com/fitness-kick-start-check-in-week-2/
Gina @ A Cherished Keeper http://www.acherishedkeeper.com/2011/12/thinking-governmentally-about-weight.html
Renita @ Weighing Hearts http://weighinghearts.blogspot.com/2011/12/another-week.html1You might also enjoy:
Fitness Kick-Start Team week 1
Fitness Kick-Start Team week 3
Fitness Kick-Start Team week 4